Tuesday 4 March 2014

Back To Reality

Well my posts kind of petered out the last couple of days because we were traveling so much and the wifi was sporadic at best.  Two days ago I was sitting in one of Ernest Hemingway's favorite bars in Havana drinking a mojito in 30 degree weather and this morning it was -22 and my truck wouldn't start.  How is that for a welcome home!!  So this is the end of the journey and I sit here at my desk thinking how lucky I am to have been born in Canada and have the opportunities I have.  Both Bolivia and Cuba have some grinding poverty and crushing bureaucracy that limit what people can do with their lives and define the experiences they will have over a life time.  Only the fortunate, educated, privileged few will escape those chains.  Here in Canada, the world is your oyster   It was a great experience with great people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment